Saturday 19 July 2014

Its all about the brushes baby!

Right, I have been harping on about my YouTube channel for some time now, however I only have my show-reel uploaded, so to be totally honest its a sparse view for you guys ... But do not worry as my lovely and extremely talented man has produced and is editing my first Vlog, which is all about essential brushes that if you don't own, you should own!

Now let me tell you about the whole 'lets do a brush vlog!'.  Firstly I am not a natural in front of the camera as I am naturally an introvert, so this Vlogging jazz is pushing me wayyyyy outside my comfort zone. ( I heard along the grapevine that this is where the magic happens, so I've gone with that theory).  The camera man however is a natural in front of the camera, (Professional actor, he is - Boreoff!) so in my shyness and bid to not look too stupid, I ordered him out the room and made him close the door.  School girl error, I'm afraid!  

Fast forward to my first cringe worthy viewing of my vlog, mid editing and he says 'oh wait here is the best bit!' as I removed the pillow from my raspberry coloured face and allowed my ears to hear past my seemingly thick scouse accent, there I am, no make up on and lovingly gazing at my synthetic haired brush and tenderly stroking its bristles, in a similitude to how a mother gazes at her child or how a lover looks before they pounce on their partner for a full on passionate snog!  

Now I have never seen myself looking that way, and after melting into the sofa in a bid to camouflage and hide and a little snigger I realised that I do love my brushes and I actually don't care about how I look at them because as a make up artist, those hairy boys really do make me happy.  

Love your brushes people.... but don't catch anyone looking! 


I have listed 2 of my fave brush companies for you to go and purchase your essential brushes, or how I lovingly refer to them now; my 'hairy guys'.

Royal & Langnickel 


Charles Fox 


No comments:

Post a Comment